Shane Koyczan “To This Day” http://www.tothisdayproject.com Help this message have a far reaching and long lasting effect in confronting bullying. Please share generously.[blockquote source=”Shane Koyczan was bullied a lot when he was a kid. So he took that pain and made this stunning video with the help of some amazingly talented people. It’s kind of breathtaking and powerful, just a warning. Also, it has a happy ending.”]
- At 1:20, he reminds us all what we heard growing up.
- At 2:07, we meet another girl who was bruised by words.
- At 2:57, we learn why she’s awesome.
- At 3:12, we meet a kid who was pummeled by pills.
- At 4:28, we learn how many kids have to deal with this to this day.
- At 5:23, if you’ve been bullied, you REALLY need to hear these words.
- At 6:00, seriously, listen to these damn beautiful words.
- And at 6:49, we get to the point that everyone should take to heart.
I send out one new poem each month via email. You might like to join us. http://www.shanekoyczan.com
“My experiences with violence in schools still echo throughout my life but standing to face the problem has helped me in immeasurable ways.
Schools and families are in desperate need of proper tools to confront this problem. This piece is a starting point.” – Shane
Find anti-bullying resources at http://www.bullying.org
Dozens of collaborators from around the world helped to bring this piece to life. Learn more about them and the project athttp://www.tothisdayproject.com
Buy “To This Day” on BandCamp http://bit.ly/VKGjgU
or iTunes http://bit.ly/W47QK2