Marketing is a crucial function in any business or organisation, and is increasingly important in the modern globalized economy. This free online course will introduce learners to marketing strategies and tools that are used extensively in the marketing industry. You will learn about the ambiguous nature of marketing and its different meanings for different businesses. You will also discover the characterizations of marketing that are common to all businesses, despite their differences. This course will teach you about the different approaches that affect marketing campaigns used in different types of businesses. This course will be of great interest to marketing and business professionals who wish to refresh the basics of marketing and to learners who are interested in business and wish to have a greater knowledge and understanding of the role marketing plays in the modern business world.
● VanPutte, Cinnamon, Jennifer Regan, and Andrew Russo. Seeley’s Anatomy &
Physiology, 9th edition, McGraw-Hill, 2011, ISBN: 9780077350031
After completing this course, you will be able to:
● Describe the structural and function organization of the body.
● Explain the characteristics of life.
● Use anatomical terminology.
● Describe how the body maintains homeostasis.
● Relate chemistry to the field of anatomy and physiology.
● Describe how cells function and divide.
● Discuss the structures and functions of the integumentary, skeletal, muscular,
nervous and endocrine systems.
● Describe how muscles, bones, and nerves work together to create movement.
● Describe the structure and function of sensory organs.
● Compare healthy and diseased tissues.
● Name several diseases and disorders of the body and explain what causes them.
● Explain how diseases and disorders of the body are detected and treated.
● Describe the interactions between various organ systems in the body
Homeostasis: a term coined to describe the human body’s ability to maintain relatively stable internal conditions despite changes in external conditions.
Links for additional study materials
Counterintuitive Ideas About Motivation, Innovation, and Leadership
John Daido Loori, abbot of the Zen Mountain Monastery, passed away on October 9, 2009. In this documentary artist, performer, director and choreographer Meredith Monk talks with Daido about the relationship between art and buddhist practice.
A documentary by Babeth M. Vanloo